NCAA bracket reality definitely set in yesterday with my 10-6 finish for the day. That’s the way the basketball bounces I guess. The Syracuse and Kansas losses hurt the most obviously as I had the Orangemen advancing to the Final Four and KU to the Elite 8. I still really enjoyed watching them get upset by Vermont and Bucknell respectively though. I had St. Mary’s advancing to the Sweet 16 too, but I forgot to account for their inexperience in the tournament and it cost me. Southern Illinois just came out and physically manhandled them in the early going. The Gaels were eventually able to get their act together, but it wasn’t enough.
- Chicago Bracket:
St. Mary’s (10), Oklahoma St. (2)
- Albuquerque Bracket: Georgia Tech (5), Louisville (4)
- Syracuse Bracket: North Carolina (1),
Kansas (3), Charlotte (7), Connecticut (2)
- Austin Bracket: Duke (1), Mississippi St. (9), Michigan St. (5),
We’ll see if I bounce back and have a better showing today.
- Chicago Bracket: Illinois, Boston College, Arizona
- Albuquerque: Washington, Gonzaga, Wake Forest
- Austin: Oklahoma, Cincinnatti