I don’t know if this is a common problem for people that are trying to come up with ways to earn a little money online, but sometimes I get so enthusiastic about and an idea that I lose all site of practicality. After dealing with my normal time crunch and doing a lot of thinking the last couple days I realized that my idea related to the coming NBA playoffs as envisioned last week is too ambitious and simply not practical right now. I think I can still use the domain I purchased down the road (it’s not actually NBA specific), but for now I definitely need to scale back and refocus because what I was envisioning was like trying to run before I learned to walk.
At this point in my internet marketing odyssey I need to simplify and work on a few simple bum marketing/article marketing campaigns. In baseball terms I would equate the nba playoff related idea I was think about to trying to hit a home run in my first at bat when I needed to step up to the plate and take a couple swings. Step one for me needs to be writing a few articles and submitting to various directories and seeing what happens. So that will be primary writing goal for the remainder of the week.
It’s been a week now since I put out my first weekly project list. Here’s a quick run down of where I’m at a week later (task complete, some progress, no progress):
- Help my brother Micah move a few of his sites over to our slice on slicehost.
- Pillar content for axodys.com.
- Help Mary launch her new blog.
- Develop a new theme (most likely modifiying an existing one) and install various plugins I’ve been thinking about for axodys.com.
- Install/develop a new theme for 100km.us.
- Look into wordpress plugin development.
- Start one Bum Marketing affiliate campaign.
Needless to say a lot more red than I’d like to see after a week of work. I think I’m going to continue to use this list as a public exercise in getting more of these projects done.